Triathlon Thursday night sprints start this week
The Bermuda Triathlon Association's Thursday Night Sprints season starts this week.
Held at Clearwater Beach, participants compete in a 200m swim, an 8km bike ride and 2km run, although there are shorter distances available for the juniors.
Racing will take place each week at 6.30pm sharp between May 11 and September 14. There will, however, be no action on May 25 , June 15 and August 3.
Steven Petty, president of the Bermuda Triathlon Association is delighted about the upcoming season.
“Thursday Night Sprints are designed to be fun and social triathlon races,” he said.
“The atmosphere at Clearwater is very supportive with friendly competition encouraged. It is a great opportunity for newcomers to the sport to test their skills and gain experience whilst racing against some more experienced triathletes.
Triathletes over the age of seven (age as at December 31 2023) wishing to participate must register online, with the entry fee for each race being $10. An option is there to sign up for the entire season for $150. Prizes will be awarded at the end of the season.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service