Tech Today: BlackBerry Z10 goes on sale in Bermuda
The new BlackBerry Z10 hit the Bermuda market yesterday and is now on sale at both Digicel Bermuda and CellOne stores. And we’re finally learning about pricing.
Digicel is offering the new, redesigned, re-engineered smartphone for $479 for any new or existing customer who commits to a two-year voice and data contract or $619 without the contract. Prepaid customers will pay $759 for the device.
CellOne is offering the phone to new and existing customers for $599 with a two-year voice and data contract, but for a limited time, customers can take part in the company’s “Trade in and Trade up” promotion. Customers will get $100 dollars off if they trade in their old BlackBerry and an additional $100 off if they upgrade to a 3GB or higher data plan.
“It’s a great price for a great phone,” said Frank Amaral, CellOne’s chief operating officer. “We are very excited about the launch of this product at CellOne as we have many loyal BlackBerry customers who have been waiting for the new BlackBerry 10 devices.”
“Some of our staff have been using the Z10 prior to launch and are raving about the quality of the device,” Mr Amaral said. “We think it’s going to be very popular here in Bermuda.”
For full pricing details through either company, visit www.digicelbermuda.com or www.cellone.bm.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service