BTA in New York marketing blitz
The tourism minister joined forces with the Bermuda Tourism Authority for a marketing blitz in New York.
A spokesman said the event last Wednesday brought together more than 150 New York City-based meeting planners, travel agents and influencers for a Bermuda-inspired reception designed to tell the island's story.
Mr DeSilva said: “This series of meetings and planning sessions is instrumental in our efforts to continue seeing growth in Bermuda's tourism market.
“Also the marketing blitz events held in New York will have demonstrated to our target visitors that we are the ideal year-round destination for those seeking experiences, a quiet retreat, an island getaway, or family fun and bonding.
“Our tourism stakeholders in Bermuda and New York are doing a good job of strengthening our brand and enticing visitors to our shores.”
Mr DeSilva said he also met representatives from the BTA, the Bermuda Airport Authority, the Bermuda Hotel Association, Skyport and other tourism figures last week to discuss ways to boost tourism.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service