Airbnb steps up its game in Bermuda
Airbnb officially launched Airbnb Experiences in Bermuda today in partnership with the Bermuda Tourism Authority.
The initiative offers guests a range of different Bermudian tours and experiences organised by local entrepreneurs and experts which can be booked online at Airbnb.
Seventeen Bermuda Experiences are already featured on the website, with more expected to be introduced in the next few weeks.
Carlos Munoz, Airbnb campaign manager, said: “Airbnb Experiences are designed to allow people to immerse themselves in local communities and participate in activities led by local experts, all while encouraging cross-cultural connections between guests and locals.
“As a people-powered platform, we are pleased to expand our footprint in Bermuda to now include one-of-a-kind bookable experiences in addition to the hundreds of unique homes to stay in throughout the island.”
The initial experiences on the website include a food tour of Hamilton that highlights historic sites, a photography experience led by a local photographer and a walking tour around Spanish Point and Admiralty House.
Visitors can also sign up for beach volleyball, “sip and paint” classes, a drone flight experience and reef tours.
The experiences will be marketed and promoted on the website, along with Airbnb's social media.
Pat Phillip-Fairn, chief product and experiences development officer at the BTA, said: “Tapping the vast creative and entrepreneurial potential of Bermudians is a major plank of our National Tourism Plan. Airbnb Experiences effectively delivers on that strategy.
“We are very proud of the passionate locals putting Bermuda's legendary hospitality on display for the world and we encourage others to step forward with their ideas.”
Entrepreneurs who wish to create their own visitor experience can apply through Airbnb with no start-up cost, but the website will take a commission on sales.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service