BUEI ready to welcome back public
The Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute is set to reopen to the public next week after a temporary closure caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.
The East Broadway, Pembroke attraction will be open to visitors on Thursdays and Fridays between 10am and 5pm, and on Saturdays and Sundays between 10am and 4pm.
The facility has been shut since December 14 because of the recent increase in Covid-19 cases on the island.
Karla Lacey, the recently appointed BUEI chief executive, said: “While the exhibits have been closed to the public, the BUEI team has used the time to embed the Covid-19 safety protocols that were introduced last year, and we’ve now earned the Safe Travels Destination from the World Travel and Tourism Council.
“Our knowledgeable and enthusiastic team will be overseeing activities throughout the facility designed to safely engage all ages.”
As part of the new safety measures, guests and limited-size groups can pre-book entry to prevent excessive wait time to enter exhibition spaces.
BUEI’s School Break Camps are set to restart next month with the first session – scheduled to take place between February 8 and 12 – already fully booked.
Registration for the Spring Break camp will open in the first week of February.
Ms Lacey added: “We are proud to again be able to safely have children back in our hands-on learning environment.
“The Education Team has proven they can deliver a dynamic and fun camp while keeping kids safe.”
To pre-book entry to the attraction or register for a BUEI camp, visit www.buei.bm.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service