Harbour Nights is coming back – The Royal Gazette | Bermuda News, Business, Sports, Events, & Community

Log In

Reset Password
BERMUDA | RSS PODCAST

Harbour Nights is coming back

Coming back: Harbour Nights will resume on July 14. (File photograph)

Harbour Nights is coming back after being cancelled last year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Bermuda Chamber of Commerce said the popular Wednesday night event will resume on July 14 and will run through to August 25.

It will be SafeKey event and the Chamber is inviting potential vendors to register their interest from next week.

Chamber chief executive Kendaree Burgess said: “We are pleased to be working hand in hand with the authorities to bring a safe event to the streets of Bermuda. We will utilise the SafeKey technology to ensure the safety of our vendors and our guests.”

She added: “Although we are only in operation for six weeks this year, we are sure the event will delight both the young and old. Special thanks to all who help to make this possible, especially our two anchor sponsors, Bermuda Tourism Authority and Corporation of Hamilton.”

SafeKey holders have either been immunised or have tested negative for Covid-19 in the previous three days. The SafeKey is usually contained in people’s cell phones.

The Mayor of Hamilton, Charles Gosling said: “As a staple of Bermuda’s summer calendar for over 25 years, Harbour Nights is an entertainment highlight for visitors and local residents alike who delight in watching Hamilton’s streets come alive with local vendors and entertainers every Wednesday night.

“The City is proud to be a longstanding major sponsor and supporter of Harbour Nights, providing both in-kind and cash sponsorship.”

He added: “The knock-on effect of additional foot traffic stimulates the bottom line for our rate-paying retailers and restaurants. This is perhaps more important than ever as we reel from a difficult past few months due to Covid-19 and businesses continue to struggle; we want to ensure we support our local businesses as much as possible.

“I’d like to thank the Chamber of Commerce for their continued investment in Harbour Nights and all they do to better this important tourism product.”

BTA chief executive officer Charles H Jeffers II also welcomed the return of the street festival which he said was “the perfect platform for visitors to discover Bermuda’s unique food, culture, and local arts and craft industry”.

A Chamber spokesman said vendor registration will open on Monday and applications will be available online at www.bermudachamber.bm or can be collected from the Chamber’s Albouy’s Point headquarters.

You must be registered or signed-in to post comment or to vote.

Published June 25, 2021 at 7:54 am (Updated June 25, 2021 at 7:54 am)

Harbour Nights is coming back

What you
Need to
Know
1. For a smooth experience with our commenting system we recommend that you use Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Firefox or Chrome Browsers. Additionally please clear both your browser's cache and cookies - How do I clear my cache and cookies?
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service
7. To report breaches of the Terms of Service use the flag icon