Norwegian Getaway skips Bermuda due to bad weather
A cruise ship headed to Bermuda was diverted away from the island this week due to weather conditions, according to reports.
The Norwegian Getaway‘s five-night Bermuda sailing left New York on Wednesday, but passengers were told the vessel would be calling at Nassau instead of Bermuda while embarkation was taking place, CruiseHive website stated.
The report said that holiday makers were told that a recent increase in winter weather activity was the reason for the change.
Instead of the Norwegian Getaway spending 31 hours in Bermuda on Friday and Saturday, it docked for just six hours in the Bahamian capital.
It represents the second time in recent weeks that a cruise ship was forced to cancel a stop in Bermuda due to weather conditions.
The Norwegian Gem was supposed to head for the island, the first destination on her itinerary, in late January, but gale force winds forced her to stay in New York overnight and instead set sail a day late.
Because of the delay, the ship skipped Bermuda and will spent three more hours in her next destination, St Thomas in the US Virgin Islands.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service