Horseshoe Bay septic system set to get upgrade
The septic system at Bermuda’s most famous beach is to be upgraded to address longstanding issues, according to a recent planning application.
The application, received by the Department of Planning in December, was made by IEPC Ltd on behalf of the Bermuda Government.
IEPC said: “The existing Horseshoe Bay cesspit system frequently fails, causing disruption to the users of the public beach facilities.
“The Government of Bermuda, Department of Lands and Building would like to replace the existing system with a new septic tank system that can service the current and anticipated future demands of the beach facilities.
“To create a permanent solution, we are proposing to install a new septic tank, manhole and pump station to service the facilities.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service