Cyclist hurt in crash with car still critical in ICU
A bicyclist involved in a head-on collision is still in critical condition in hospital, police said yesterday.
The man, aged 58, suffered a serious head injury after he veered into the opposite lane on Middle Road in Flatts and collided with a car last Sunday.
He was transported to King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, and is being treated in the intensive care unit.
The driver of the car, a woman, was uninjured.
A police spokesman added that a woman involved in a separate collision was recovering in a general ward at the hospital.
The 26-year-old motorcyclist was in collision with a car on Saturday around 11.20pm.
The crash happened near the junction of North Shore Road and Studio Lane in Hamilton Parish.
The driver of the car, a 26-year-old man and his passenger, a 25-year-old woman, were uninjured.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
Anyone with information on either incident should call police at 211 or on the main police number, 295-0011.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service