Road closure warning over Belco trench work
A section of Middle Road in Smith’s will be closed at the weekend as part of Belco trenching works across the island.
A notice from the Ministry of Public Works said that the closure was needed “to accommodate a crossover from the westbound lane into the Belco substation from Harrington Sound Road junction”.
The work will start tomorrow at 6pm and will be completed by 7am on Monday, April 11.
The notice added: “The section of Middle Road that will be closed will start from Harrington Sound Road junction to Fielders Lane.
“Once the crossover is completed, trenching works will also continue on Middle Road to tie into the completed trench near Fielders Lane with a single-lane closure.”
The single-lane closure will start on April 11 at 7am and be in effect until April 23.
Detour routes to avoid the closed section of road will be on North Shore Road via either Jennings Road or Store Hill.
The notice added: “Only residential traffic will be allowed to enter up to Fielders Lane from the west.
“No access will be granted from the east.
“Traffic controls will be under the direction of Belco representatives and will be managed through traffic control barricades and detour signs.
“The Ministry of Public Works would like to thank the public for their ongoing co-operation and apologises for any inconvenience that may result.”
Any questions about the trench works can be directed to Jonathan Pedro, a Belco project manager, on 295-5111 extension 1441.
For more information about detours, call Tina Beer-Searle, the acting principal highways engineer for the Ministry of Public Works, on 501-3044.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service