Air Canada adjusts May flights, Newark flight to start
Highlights of the May flight schedule revealed yesterday by Skyport, operators of LF Wade International Airport, include the return of Air Canada flights to Bermuda – and a United Airlines connection to Newark, New Jersey.
Air Canada’s service to Toronto will fly to Bermuda three times a week, starting May 1.
Flights on the new Air Canada schedule will set off from Bermuda at 8.10pm and land in Canada at 9.15pm on Sundays, Thursday and Fridays.
The carrier adjusted its service to Bermuda after an online petition highlighting problems with the planned 11.15pm Toronto arrival in May and 11.35pm in June.
Travellers protested that Air Canada’s late touchdown meant connecting flights would likely get missed – forcing an overnight stay in Toronto.
Skyport’s new timetable also has a daily Newark link to the island through United commencing on Friday, May 6.
WestJet’s Toronto service will not be on offer, and JetBlue’s from New York JFK arrives in Bermuda an hour earlier.
Slight alterations for the American Airlines service to and from Miami are scheduled, a Skyport spokeswoman said.
Bermuda’s full May schedule of flights is available online here.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service