Part of Berry Hill Road reduced to one lane for two weeks
Emergency work on Berry Hill Road in Paget means that the thoroughfare has been reduced to one lane for the next two weeks.
The Ministry of Public Works said that the road’s westbound lane near the entrance to King Edward VII Memorial Hospital is off-limits to traffic for wall and sidewalk improvements along the hospital property.
Effective from today, the job will proceed to April 14, with traffic to be managed by D&J Construction staff with signs or traffic signals.
The ministry apologised to the public and directed queries to D&J representative Manny Furtado on 535-5756.
The public has also been warned that South Road traffic will be affected by the BBA Winner's Edge Time Trial cycling race on Sunday.
The time trial takes place between 7.30am and 11am. It starts at Stonington Avenue near South Road in Paget, heading west along South Road through Warwick to Church Bay Park in Southampton.
There competitors will enter the park from eastern entrance opposite Church Road and exit the park at the western driveway to turn back on to South Road to travel east back to finish at Stonington Avenue in Paget Parish.
The ministry said: “All motorists are expected to use caution and avoid collision with race participants. Motorists are asked to follow race officials’ instructions to assist with traffic control for this event.“
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service