Teddy: reopening for business
• The Argus Group's departments will be open on Tuesday from 10.30am to 4pm. Call 298-0888 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Experienced claims adjustors will be available for on-site visits to assess any sustained damage.
• Buses, which operated until 9pm on Sunday, have resumed on Tuesday morning. Ferries are expected to resume sailing at 3pm.
• Bermuda College, which was closed on Monday, will be open for classes on Tuesday.
• Insurance firm Colonial's Hamilton office will reopen from 12pm to 4pm on Tuesday. Staff will work remotely from 8.30am to 5pm.
For claims related to Hurricane Paulette and Hurricane Teddy, call 296-3700 or e-mail email@example.com.
Colonial's Covid-19 information page is available at https://bermuda.cgigroup.com/alerts/covid-19/
• HSBC Bank Bermuda Ltd reopens for business from 9am on Tuesday.
• Clarien Bank will also resume normal operations on Tuesday. An assessment of its branches and systems has been completed to ensure the safety and security of clients and staff. Clients are encouraged to complete online transactions via Clarien iBank. All ACH and wire transaction services will continue to be processed online as per normal, but services may be delayed if there be a loss of power or internet access.
Visit www.clarienbank.com for updates and additional information.
• Saltus Grammar School will open as normal on Tuesday.
• The Causeway has reopened after inspection. Renée Ming, the Minister of National Security, said: “Current weather forecasts indicate the winds will increase overnight, however these higher winds are not expected to impact travel on the Causeway. We will continue to monitor the situation and will take appropriate action, if needed.
“Motorists, especially those on motorcycles, are encouraged to use extreme caution when travelling on the Causeway.”
• Butterfield Bank's offices and banking centres will be open for business as usual at 9am on Tuesday.
• Lindo's stores are expected to reopen on Tuesday, in line with EMO recommendations, and will provide updates if there is a change of plan.
• The Hamilton Princess and Beach Club's Exhale Spa, restaurants and bars 1609, Crown and Anchor, and the Duchess, closed on Monday, are expected to reopen on Tuesday, subject to EMO advice.
• MarketPlace stores, including PriceRite and Sears, closed on Monday, are expected to reopen on Tuesday at regular hours following guidance from the Emergency Measures Organisation.
• All Gibbons stores, including Gibbons Home and MAC, closed on Sunday and Monday, will reopen on Tuesday at 9.30am, weather permitting. Updates will be issued through the media, by e-mail and on social media.
• The National Sports Centre is expected to reopen on Tuesday after an inspection. A spokesman added: “We will continue to update the public and our members.”
• Bermuda High School was closed on Monday. The school announced it would assess the campus “as soon as it is safe to do so”, and is expected to reopen tomorrow.
• Public schools, closed on Monday, are expected to reopen on Tuesday.
• Government offices were closed on Monday, but civil servants worked remotely from home.
• Warwick Academy was closed on Monday and will reopen on Tuesday.
• The City of Hamilton said there would be no trash collection until after the storm had passed.
Anyone caught dumping household trash from outer parishes in the City may be prosecuted. City parks remain closed due to damage and clean-up efforts after Hurricane Paulette. With additional damage expected from Teddy, they will remain closed until cleared.
Crews cleared city storm drains to lessen the risk of flooding due to leaves.
City Hall was closed on Monday. City businesses and residents can check the City's social media platforms on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for updates.
• BF&M's offices were closed on Monday. Updates about reopening will be issued in the press and through BF&M's website and social media channels. Customers can call 295-5566 to reach a representative. To reach the claims team, call 295-5566, option 4 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. To report emergency property incidents, call BF&M's after-hours property helpline at 298-0247.
• The Argus Group's offices were closed today and will reopen when safe. Office closure updates will be posted on Facebook, Instagram and sent to the media.
The claims team is available to answer any questions, provide advice or deal claims queries on 298-0888 or by e-mailing email@example.com.
• All Butterfield banking centres and offices are expected to be open for business tomorrow at 9.00am. Butterfield Online is also available.
• HSBC Bermuda, closed on Monday, The bank will resume normal business operations when safe to do so.
All employees were advised not to travel to the office during Hurricane Teddy. Alternative banking services are available at www.hsbc.bm. Automated phone banking is available on 299-5959, option 1.