It can be cool to be intelligent
“Intelligently beautiful” is the theme of this year’s Girls’ Talk event at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess on Monday.
For the third year in a row, girls aged 10 to14 years will have an opportunity to build a sense of sisterhood among girls from various socio-economic backgrounds. The day’s events are also intended to build self-confidence and self-esteem so that girls can reach and realise their full potential.
In the past topics covered have included healthy and unhealthy relationships, internet dangers and knowing yourself and loving yourself.
This year’s theme is intended to show that being intelligent is important and cool and will be developed by a series of seven speakers whose fields are academic as well as artistic. The speakers, from various professions, will talk to the girls about the challenges they faced as teens and how they chose their career. They are lawyer Koshea Scott-Millett, news reporter Leana Lambert, fashion designer Perri-Lyn Furbert, business owner Maya Furbert, owner of Plush Beauty salon, Greasheana Spence, Public Affairs Officer Carla Zuill and medical practitioner Ayesha Peets-Talbot. The girls will be spoken to in a round robin, speed-dating style where they will go from table to table for 10 minutes.
The girls can expect games provided by Young Life Ministries as well as a demonstration of soccer techniques given by a Waynesha Bean, who is on the Bermuda National Squad. They can also be expected to be entertained by the CedarBridge Academy Music Band directed by Ms. Tiffany Fox. The girls will be treated to an Italian buffet lunch including an assortment of desserts. The day will end with raffles and prizes.
This day is sure to be the best Girl’s day out ever. For further information, contact girlstalk.bermuda[AT]gmail.com
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service