Get kids involved in the kitchen
Children often want to see what you're doing and lend a hand. Based on how old they are, children of all ages can help in some way. Here are some easy ways to get kids involved. Let them:
• Help assemble the kebabs for the grill
• Assemble the fruit salad kebabs for fun snacks.
• Mash the potatoes or berries for a recipe.
• Scoop pancake batter with a measuring cup.
• Top cookies with M&Ms, chocolate chips, raisins, etc rather than mixing into the dough.
• Punch down the yeast dough when it's ready.
• Layer the ingredients for a trifle.
• Cutting the vegetables and fruit in to small sizes.
• Picking the herbs from the herb garden for seasoning.
• Start cleanup by licking the bowls and spoons for frosting, pudding, whipped cream and other safe-to-eat mixtures.