Cox resigns as PLP leader
Paula Cox has officially resigned as the Leader of the Progressive Labour Party, it was announced this morning.
A brief statement from the PLP said: "The Progressive Labour Party can confirm that Paula Cox, has tendered her resignation as Party Leader effective immediately.
In the interim, the Hon. Derrick Burgess will serve as Acting Party Leader.
We thank Ms. Cox for her unwavering commitment, service and dedication to our country and Party."
Ms Cox lost her seat last night, defeated by Glen Smith of the OBA.
Call to save historic Albert Row
Seat sales are ineffective, say airlines
Swapping insurance for Chinese medicine
Nurse with cancer grateful for donations
Digital currency payments on horizon
Big turnout for breast cancer awareness walk
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive