Female tourist attacks woman in bar
An American tourist who attacked a woman at a bar was fined $800 yesterday.
Lauren Soto, 21, pleaded guilty to a “shameful” assault on Sherry Flanagan at the Hamilton Princess & Beach Club.
Magistrates’ Court heard that Ms Flanagan was with her husband at the hotel bar when Soto approached them.
She complimented Ms Flanagan on her dress but started to shout abuse at her when she ignored her.
Soto lunged at Ms Flanagan and scratched her before other bar users pulled her away.
However, Soto attacked Ms Flanagan a second time and inflicted bruising and scratches before she was escorted out of the bar and arrested.
The incident took place on Friday.
Soto, from Miami, Florida, said: “It should have never happened. It was shameful and embarrassing.”
Soto was ordered to pay her fine before the end of the day.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
‘Deplorable conditions’ at Gulfstream
Burt to ditch traditional Throne Speech
Local businesses teed up for PGA event
Maiden Re plans move from Bermuda to US
D’ezir dressed for success
Man had $170,000 of cannabis in his home
Dowling admits he did not follow rules
Lawyer may face six more assault charges
Tokunbo cleared over breath test
Busy time for tree surgeon after hurricane
An independent take on independence
Teachers hold elections for union roles
Man charged with firearms offences
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive