Drink-driver crashes into Crow Lane wall
A drink-driving motorcyclist who crashed into a wall was banned from the roads for 18 months and fined yesterday.
Magistrates’ Court heard that Anthony Darby Jr, 22, hit a wall on Crow Lane in Devonshire close to the roundabout.
He was taken to the King Edward VII Hospital for treatment and interviewed by police.
Darby, from Paget, admitted he had been drink-driving.
The incident took place on February 8.
Magistrate Maxanne Anderson also fined Darby $1,500.
• It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
Government boat believed to be sunk
Two sides argue over magistrate’s evidence
Lawyer relives search for family in Bahamas
Mentally ill man detained in hospital
Joint store as jewellery businesses combine
Regiment ready to help Cayman Islands
Marilyn’s writing debut
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive