Assault complaints against Worrell withdrawn

  • Lawyer Kamal Worrell (File photograph)

    Lawyer Kamal Worrell (File photograph)


A woman who alleged she was assaulted and wounded by a lawyer has withdrawn her complaints.

But prosecutors have said they intend to continue their case against Kamal Worrell, 39.

Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo ordered a warrant for the complainant, Chavelle Dillon, who did not attend court yesterday when the trial was scheduled to begin.

Mr Tokunbo said: “I am satisfied that the subpoena was served on the complainant and she is not here.

“Therefore, I’m going to issue a warrant. She can explain her circumstances at the time that she appears before the court.”

Mr Worrell, from Warwick, has denied multiple allegations that he assaulted Ms Dillon in 2018 and 2019.

In August, he pleaded not guilty to charges that he assaulted and wounded Ms Dillon on June 1, 2019, in Warwick.

Months later, prosecutors announced they intended to proceed with another six allegations that date back to November 2018. Those charges had previously been dropped after the victim withdrew the allegations.

Mr Tokunbo set the matter back until Wednesday to be mentioned.

It is The Royal Gazette’s policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.

  • Take Our Poll

    • "The most effective politician of 2019"
    • David Burt
    • 8%
    • Wayne Caines
    • 9%
    • Craig Cannonier
    • 3%
    • Zane DeSilva
    • 10%
    • Curtis Dickinson
    • 6%
    • Michael Dunkley
    • 33%
    • Nick Kempe
    • 27%
    • Leah Scott
    • 4%
    • Total Votes: 11029
    • Poll Archive

    Today's Obituaries

    eMoo Posts