Trash art helps to Keep Bermuda Beautiful
One manís trash has become another manís treasure for the annual art exhibition hosted by environmental charity Keep Bermuda Beautiful.
Artists were asked to include colourful beach trash in their submissions for the A Drop in the Ocean trash art show on display at the Bermuda Society of Arts.
Amy Schillingford, KBB president, said: ďIt is an honour to partner once again with the Bermuda Society of Arts for our seventh annual Trash Art Show. ďWe are excited to launch the 2018 show and to see what imaginative art pieces people are able to create with reused beach plastics.
ďWe welcome the public to come and check out the inspiring pieces and reflect on the impact of plastic pollution on our oceans.Ē
The exhibition, which opened with a reception on June 29, aims to highlight plastic pollution in the oceans and the damage this can cause to marine life. The artwork will be on show until July 24.
Take Our Poll
- "What are your views on anonymous online commenting (trolling)?"
- Helpful to our democracy and needs to continue
- Hurtful to our democracy and needs to end
- Limits the number of people willing to give public service
- An important tool for political parties
- Total Votes: 4508
- Poll Archive