Fundraiser for film
Bermudiana Road is the setting for a special fundraiser on Sunday.nia, ‘Sand in the Air’.
The short film ‘Stuck’ is to screen at O Bar (formerly Opus) in the hope of raising cash for another film by its American director, Teresa Dowell-Vest.
The film is about a woman dealing with the traumatic death of her husband. She must find clues in order to release his soul, which is stuck in limbo.
The fundraiser is the brainchild of Bermudian actress Liana Hall, an associate producer on Ms Dowell-Vest’s next film, ‘Genesis: New American Superheroes’.
Miss Hall met Ms Dowell-Vest while acting in a play she directed in Califor
“I was truly touched when she asked me to be a part of the ‘Genesis’ team,” the 26-year-old said. “Ms Dowell-Vest will be coming down to the Island from Los Angeles for this event.”
‘Genesis’ will be Miss Hall’s first stint as an assistant producer. Filmmakers are trying to raise $2 million for the film, with filming due to start in October. The event at O Bar is free, but donations would be appreciated.
The film is set in present-day Los Angeles. It follows the lives and adventures of five siblings who were given extraordinary powers by their parents after their families’ lives were scarred by the Tuskegee experiments.
The experiments by scientists Alegra and Donovan Tolson were designed to connect their children to the Earth’s natural elements. The children are then separated for 20 years, for their own protection. In 2009, the siblings are reunited to save the world, having long forgotten their parents, their powers and each other.
For more information see http://www.playbookdaily.com/2011/08/24/film-producers-tdv-and-rob-Hamilton-discuss-use-of-blackberry-playbook-in-genesis-film-video/), or http://www.facebook.com/genesisdivablue.
Persons who cannot attend but still want to donate can do so online, http://divablueblog.blogspot.com/p/every-penny-is-pebble-become-investor.html.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service