Andre Lambe putting in the work ahead of title fight
Andre Lambe says he is pumped up and ready to put on another show during his fight with American Crisanto Lucio for the vacant American Boxing Organisation welterweight title at The Shed in Dockyard on January 28.
“I am always excited to get ready and put on a show,” Lambe told The Royal Gazette. “I am just ready for fight night.”
The 27-year-old has been busy whipping himself into shape in the gym and is encouraged by the progress he has made in preparation for his next foray in the ring.
“Everything has been gong really good,” Lambe added. “I have had a great camp so far.
“I have been working on our game plan and I am executing that pretty good in the gym so fitness and everything is there.”
The southpaw has so far lived up to his nickname “Showtime” with five of his six victories among the paid ranks coming by way of stoppages.
Yet while expectations are once again high for the fighter to deliver, Lambe is focusing more on taking everything in his stride.
“I never have expectations and every time I knock someone out I am surprised myself,” he said.
“I don’t go in there with any expectations and always have an open mind every time.
“Every time I prepare in camp I always prepare to go the distance and I always prepare for the best opponent that I will get out of the person that I am going to fight.
That’s why I never have expectations and that’s how it seems to work.
“I always expect it to be hard and to go the distance.”
Lambe has also run the rule over orthodox fighter Lucio who also holds an unbeaten record from five outings among the professional ranks.
“I have had tons and tons of tape on this guy so we are more than equipped for this one,” he said.
Lambe is challenging for a second regional title having secured the vacant American Boxing Federation welterweight belt in style with a unanimous decision victory over Jose Ceja last October.