Information Commissioner to stage virtual discussion on Budget
The Information Commissioner’s Office will host an event next week aimed at sparking discussion about the 2023-24 Budget.
Pati and the People’s Budget will feature Gitanjali Gutierrez, the Information Commissioner, with Jamel Hardtman in an interactive discussion about the budget, transparency and accountability.
A spokeswoman for the ICO said: “With a new budget year approaching, Parliament is preparing to debate and approve the 2023-24 Budget. What does the Budget mean for Bermudians and residents?
“Join this lively discussion to explore concrete ways people can use the Pati Act to hold the Government accountable for its decisions on public spending and the delivery of public services such as education, healthcare, transportation, small business development and more.”
The event is set to take place at 8pm on March 2 and be streamed live on YouTube and on the ICO website.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service