UK award for Bermuda’s billboard campaign
The company behind an innovative advertising campaign for the Bermuda Tourism Authority has won a top award in the UK for its efforts.
Earlier this year, interactive billboards in London, Birmingham and Manchester were used to entice commuters to take a vacation in Bermuda.
The BTA worked with Britain's Media Agency Group to create the travel industry's first campaign using vehicle recognition to target potential holidaymakers.
The billboards were linked to a technology that involved cameras equipped to recognise the registration plates of vehicles stationary at nearby traffic lights. If a vehicle was spotted that was valued at more than $48,000, the billboard would present a customised advert for the driver, encouraging them to take a vacation in Bermuda.
It was the first time Media Agency Group had used the technology in such a campaign.
At the Northern Marketing Awards event, held in Manchester, the Media Agency Group won the award for best outdoor advertising campaign for its Bermuda tourism vehicle-recognition initiative.
On the website of Pacific North, which was involved in the awards, it was reported: “The judges thought that this was a strong, innovative campaign. The Media Agency Group have clearly defined objectives and know their target audience well. The campaign has been well-executed and achieved very impressive results.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service