Sandys man accused of threatening to kill MP
A 55-year-old man charged with threatening to kill a government MP was freed on $10,000 bail yesterday.
Perry Smith, from Sandys, was charged in Magistrates' Court with two counts of making written threats to kill Michael Scott, MP for Sandys North, on or around August 10 and 19.
Mr Smith is also charged with possession of a knife in Sandys on September 8.
He was further charged with stalking Mr Scott between August 10 and September 8.
Mr Smith did not have to enter a plea because the case must be heard in Supreme Court.
He was ordered to have no contact with Mr Scott and must also report to Hamilton Police Station three days a week.
The case was adjourned until October 1.
• It is The Royal Gazette's policy not to allow comments on stories regarding criminal court cases. This is to prevent any statements being published that may jeopardise the outcome of that case.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service