Unbeaten Bailey’s Bay maintain pole position as title race heats up
Gus Logie, the Bailey’s Bay coach, is keeping his feet planted firmly on the ground after his team maintained pole position in the Premier Division 50 Overs .
Bay beat St George’s by two wickets in a thriller at Wellington Oval on Sunday to preserve their unblemished record and now hold a ten-point lead over Cleveland, who have a game in hand and also remain unbeaten.
While delighted to have come away with a win on Sunday, Logie refused to get ahead of himself with any title talk.
“We take it one game at a time,” he said. “I’ve said before that we don’t know from game to game which eleven we are going to play because sometimes players are injured for whatever reason.
“We are hoping that Delray Rawlins and Jarryd Richardson will be back on island and competition heats up so we can see the best of the guys.”
Bay will face third-place Western Stars and Cleveland in their final matches with the games set to have a strong bearing on the championship.
Logie’s team prevailed over St George’s in an exciting top-of-the-table clash, with opener Coolridge Durham hitting a game-high 72 before Kyle Hodsoll’s match-winning knock of 29 carried the visitors safely over the line with seven balls to spare.
“This was a very big win for us,” Hodsoll said.
“St George’s had won all of their games and we had won all of ours, so in order for us to win the championship we had to come down here and take care of business – and that was beating them.
“We were not leaving here without a win and I thank my team, Coolridge especially, for getting us in a position for me to go out there and accomplish what we had to do.”
St George’s slipped from third to fourth, 20 points ahead of champions St David’s, who along with Warwick and Southampton Rangers remain winless.
Meanwhile, Somerset top the First Division standings on net run-rate over West End rivals Willow Cuts. Devonshire Rec are third ten points adrift.
Bermuda Under-19, Flatts and Somerset Bridge have yet to win a match.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service