Driver arrested after car and truck collide
A minor collision between a car and a truck resulted in a truck driver being arrested on suspicion of impaired driving.
A police spokeswoman said that at around 6.40pm on Saturday, officers on mobile patrol came across the scene of the collision at the junction of Middle Road and South Road in Southampton.
“There were no reported injuries,” the spokeswoman said. “Officers approached the driver of the truck, a 54-year-old Sandys man, who appeared to be intoxicated. As a result, the Sandys man was arrested and detained in police custody.”
At around 12.30am that same day in a separate incident, officers on duty on Court Street stopped a car seen driving erratically and arrested the driver, a 37-year-old Devonshire man.
And at 2.30am on Sunday, officers stopped a 29-year-old Southampton man on North Shore Road, in Hamilton Parish, and arrested him after noticing that he appeared intoxicated.
Both men subsequently failed breath tests. All three men are expected to appear in court in the near future.
In total, seven people were arrested on suspicion of driving while impaired over the weekend, and another eleven were arrested for outstanding warrants.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service