Police arrest burglary suspects after tip off
The police are commending a member of the public for extra vigilance in reporting suspicious activity in their neighbourhood.
The report, on Wednesday, resulted in the arrest of two men who were nabbed at the scene of the crime.
Officers responded to a report of a burglary at a private home on Slippery Road, St George, around 2.30pm. On arrival they not only caught the suspects, but officers recovered items reportedly stolen from the property as well.
The suspects remain in custody pending further inquiries. To date, 19 people have been charged in Magistrates’ Court with burglary offences since the start of the year.
Meantime, police say they continue to receive reports of burglaries where high value items like jewellery are being stolen. Residents are being reminded again to keep valuables in a safe place, record serial numbers and take photographs of their possessions.
If they are stolen and later recovered there is an accurate way to identify them. And of course anyone who witnesses suspicious activity is urged to contact police on 295-0011 immediately.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service