Police thank the public for help in catching burglar
Police have commended “a vigilant member of the public” who helped catch a burglar last week.
A spokesman said the unnamed person “reported suspicious activity in their neighbourhood” on Wednesday, March 14, which helped officers get to a reported burglary in Horseshoe Road promptly. The suspected burglar is still in custody.
“Following a search of the surrounding area by officers, a male was arrested on suspicion of burglary. In addition, suspected stolen property was subsequently recovered. The alleged burglar remains in police custody pending further inquiries,” said the spokesman.
“We continue to recommend that all residents secure their valuables out of sight, record serial numbers of all items and take pictures of their possessions, in particular electronic equipment and jewellery, so that if they are stolen and later recovered, there is an accurate way of identifying them.”
The spokesman said members of the public are encouraged to report any suspicious activity in their neighbourhoods at the earliest opportunity by contacting the nearest police station or calling the main police number on 295-0011.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service