Man shot outside Hamilton bar
A 26-year-old man was shot and injured outside a Hamilton bar last night.
Police were alerted to gunfire in the area of Bulldogs Sports Lounge, at the junction of Elliott Street and Court Street, just before 9pm.
The victim was rushed in a private car to the King Edward VII Memorial Hospital for treatment.
A police spoksman said: “Reports are multiple shots were fired, resulting in a 26-year-old male suffering a non-life threatening gunshot wound.”
The suspects were said to be two men in dark coloured clothing wearing masks and gloves and travelling on a dark coloured motorcycle.
Detective Sergeant Jason Smith said: “Officers are currently at the hospital speaking with that gentleman to try to get some information as to what happened.
“At the time of the shooting there was a large crowd of persons in and around this area, so we are asking for those persons who can shed some more light to give us a call so that we can advance this investigation.”
Detective Sergeant Smith added: “As you can appreciate, this is fast moving and the investigation is in its infancy stages.
“As thing develop, we will share more. That is what we are prepared to say at this stage.”
Officers cordoned off Court Street between Dundonald Street and Angle Street as they examined the scene.
More than a dozen evidence markers were scattered around Elliott Street near Bulldogs.
Anyone with information that could help the inquiry should contact 211 or the main police number at 295 0011.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service