File on man’s death forwarded to DPP
A file on the death of a man who lost consciousness after what was at first said by police to be a domestic dispute has been sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions.
Stuart Lottimore, 54, died after the incident on June 11 at his home on My Lord’s Bay Lane in Hamilton Parish.
Police said at the time that the victim died despite attempts by emergency personnel to revive him at the scene.
A police investigation was launched and a spokesman confirmed yesterday that a file on the incident had been prepared and forwarded to the DPP.
Juan Wolffe, the senior magistrate, said Mr Lottimore’s death had “not been referred to the Coroner's Office as a Coroner's case”.
•On occasion, The Royal Gazette may decide to not allow comments on what we consider to be a controversial or contentious story. As we are legally liable for any slanderous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.