Top marks to pupils at Warwick Academy
Warwick Academy recorded its best IGCSE results this year.
The school reported 96.5 per cent of its pupils achieved five grade C/4s or above and 88.3 per cent of all distinct subjects written were at C/4 or better.
A spokeswoman for the school said this compared very favourably to Britain, where students achieved 67.3 per cent grades at C/4 and above.
A further breakdown showed:
• 36.4 per cent scored A* and A and 9/8/7 grades, compared with 20.8 per cent in Britain
• 12.5 per cent of the 9-1 grades were the new elusive grade 9 (a A**), compared with 4.5 per cent in Britain.
Noah Da Silva achieved straight A*s and 9s, a feat achieved by only 0.1 per cent of the IGCSE candidates worldwide.
The top ten students were:
• Noah Da Silva: 10A* (five are 9s)
• An Mei Daniels: 9A*, 1A and 2B (five are 9s)
• Jayden Parker: 9A* and 1B (three are 9s)
• Isobelle Crayford: 7A* and 3A (three are 9s)
• Liam Flannery: 6A*, 2A and 2B (four are 9s)
• Grace Arrowsmith: 4A* and 6A (one is a 9)
• Myah Bridgewater: 4A*, 5A and 1B (two are 9s)
• Andrew DaSilva: 4A*, 4A and 2B
• Cameron Pollett: 4A*, 2A and 3B (two are 9s)
• Adam McDonald: 5A*, 1A, 3B and 1C (one is a 9)
Principal David Horan said: “A tremendous amount of hard work from the students and staff goes into achieving results like these.
“I extend my congratulations to all our students and pass on my thanks to our staff who either directly or indirectly contributed to their success during their time at Warwick Academy.”