CoH calls on residents to join in Earth Hour on Saturday
Hamilton will once again go dark for one hour this Saturday to celebrate Earth Hour, according to Mayor Charles Gosling.
Speaking yesterday, Mr Gosling said all non-essential lights will be turned off for one hour starting at 8.30pm to raise awareness of the amount of non-essential energy used on a daily basis.
“I encourage all residents, business and building owners to join us by turning off all lights and equipment that are non-essential,” he said.
“I look forward to welcoming everyone to City Hall this Saturday, staring at 5pm, as we celebrate with other countries around the world what has become the single largest voluntary movement creating awareness of the precious environment in which we live.
“We each have a responsibility to the planet we call Earth, and we can and must make a difference at home, at work and at play.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service