Three Covid-19 cases at Westmeath care home
A resident and two staff at a seniors' home have come down with Covid-19, the Government announced tonight.
A spokeswoman for the Ministry of Health said that all residents and staff at Westmeath Residential and Nursing Care Home in Pembroke were to be tested for the virus “starting tomorrow”.
She added that the first case at the home was identified on April 10.
The spokeswoman said the victim was quarantined.
She added: “All close contacts were also quarantined. Guidance was given by the Ministry of Health to the home to quarantine four members of staff who had been in close contact with that individual.
“All staff have been monitoring their temperature daily, wearing a mask throughout their shifts and wearing work uniform during working hours only.”
She said that another case was identified on April 14 and the third on April 20.
The spokeswoman said the Bermuda Health Council would “assist the home with contingency planning” and that “contact tracing is ongoing.”
Kim Wilson, the Minister of Health, added that the Government had “conducted tracing where appropriate and offered further guidance to the home”.
She said: “The ministry also provides personal protection equipment training and PPE supplies.
“My team has been working diligently with all care homes on the island to control the spread of the virus among our most vulnerable.”
The spokeswoman said that there had been 31 cases of Covid-19 associated with care homes.