Ministry refuses to release number of submissions on school reform
The Ministry of Education will not yet make public the number of submissions it received in the consultation on education reform.
A ministry spokeswoman said that such information will only be released when a report currently being compiled that will inform government’s final decision is made public.
The Royal Gazette asked how many people or entities had made submissions and through which channels they made their submissions.
A spokeswoman for the Ministry of Education said: “Minister Rabain has stated that a decision on the proposal is intended to be communicated before the end of the school year.
“As previously stated, following the end of the consultation period (March 12) technical officers have been busy gathering the data and feedback, collating responses and preparing a detailed analysis to be used to shape the final decisions, all of which be published in a report that will be made public.”
The Royal Gazette asked when the report was expected to be made public but was told only the information above could be provided at this point.
Under the proposals, a total of nine primary schools face closure while a new primary school would be built in the Devonshire.
The plan also looks to phase out middle schools and introduce signature schools including one for students with exceptionalities and one for alternative learning.