UK to send 22,000 Covid vaccines to Bermuda
More than 20,000 vaccines and related equipment from the UK is expected to arrive early next month, a spokeswoman for Government House said yesterday.
When the shipment arrives, it will take the total number of vaccines supplied by the UK to about 77,000.
The spokeswoman said: "The UK Government continues to work closely with its Overseas Territories (OT) in their fight against Covid-19.
"To date Bermuda has been provided with over 55,000 of the PfizerBioNTech vaccines and it is anticipated that a fifth shipment of 22,000 vaccines together with ancillary equipment will arrive in Bermuda on April 6."
As of Monday, the health ministry said a total of 34,204 doses of the vaccine had been administered from January 11.
The ministry said Bermuda's goal of "herd immunity" will be achieved when 70 per cent of the population (64,054) has been immunised. To date, 32 percent of the population has been vaccinated (with one dose), and 20 per cent of the population has been immunised (with two doses).
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service