Men invited to attend panel discussion on prostate cancer
Men can learn more about prostate cancer at a panel discussion next week.
Daily Male men’s health clinic, which provides free monthly prostate screenings, will sponsor the event.
Attendees will hear from the urologist Jonathan Makanjuola, co-founder of Daily Male, oncologists Michael Hawking and Chris Fosker, as well as from three men who beat the disease — John Payne, Norman Pogson and Rhydell Paynter.
A spokeswoman for Daily Male said: “The survivors will be providing reflections and testimonials and the doctors will educate the community.”
The organisation’s first clinic was held last month at the Bermuda Industrial Union and the second one was held this month at St George’s Cricket Club. The next clinic will take place at Somerset Cricket Club on April 1.
Next week’s free discussion will take place on March 23 at 7pm at the Blue Waters Anglers Club. E-mail email@example.com, or get in touch on social media @dailymaleclinic, for more information.
During a presentation to the Hamilton Rotary Club last year, Jonathan Makanjuola revealed that prostate cancer was the most common form of cancer among men on the island in 2019 and is the second most prevalent overall, behind breast cancer.
He added that Black men are twice as likely to contract the disease as other men and that Bermudians are more likely to die from it compared with the world average.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service