Ravens I lift Knockout Cup
Ravens I 2
Budgies I 1 (AET)
Ravens I came from behind to beat Budgies I in the Women’s Knockout Cup final on Sunday.
Keishea Robinson opened the scoring to give the Budgies the lead. With time running out, and the Budgies seemingly cruising to the win, Katie Masters levelled the scores in injury time to send the match into overtime.
It would be Masters would end the contest eight minutes into extra time with a golden goal.
Swallows 3 (2) (AET)
Ravens I 3 (0)
Ravens I defeated Swallows on penalties in the Women’s Knockout Cup semi-finals on Saturday.
Ravens took the lead through Carolyn Soares, but Jennifer Hale equalised for Swallows. Kelli Nusum then put Swallows ahead before Marylyn Terry doubled their lead.
Katie Masters pulled a goal back for Ravens and then youngster Georgia Harris drew the sides level. With the scores tied at the end of overtime, it would be Ravens who advanced on penalties.
Budgies I 3
Ravens II 1
Jasmine Patterson scored a hat-trick to help Budgies I to the final of the Women’s Knockout Cup on Saturday.
Ravens II took the lead when Juliette Ferrari-McComb hit the opening goal. But Patterson struck three goals to send her side to the final.
Bluebirds beat Longtails in league action. Andrea Cann opened the scoring before Kris Soares made the victory safe.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service