Squashed by prices
September 14, 2011
Today I purchased this $15 butternut squash from ModernMart. It had better be the finest tasting squash ever! The cashier even asked me if I wanted to put it back due to the ridiculous price of $3.99 a pound. The tourists behind me in line literally gasped and told me fortunately they were on their way back home tomorrow as they couldn’t afford to hang around much longer with prices like this.
I’m a fool. I bought it. Mostly so I could share my outrage with all of you my fellow rock dwellers. I saved the receipt if anyone cares to see it. No wonder we have lost the battle on obesity.
Well... if you will excuse me now. I am off to lovingly prepare the world’s most expensive squash. Perhaps I'll down it with some Dom.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service