Suffering because of the few
Made to pay
February 27, 2012
It’s nice that some seniors are still exempt from paying for their car licences, but only up to Class D. It appears that seniors who are handicapped like myself have been overlooked. I certainly did not buy an E Class car for the love of it, but for the necessity of being able to get in and out without a great deal of difficulty and pain. It seems that this nonsense has come about because of a number of dishonest people who have been cheating the Government by putting their grandparents’ names on their vehicles, so why have the authorities not been chasing up these culprits and put a stop to it?
In fact, why don’t they go after them now and make them pay for the years they have got away with committing this fraud? As usual, a lot of us have to suffer because of a few. A similar thing was going on for years with the One Car per Household Law.
On another note, I believe the Land Tax was increased in 2008 in the midst of this recession. Now everyone knows that to sell or rent a house today at the price one could get four or five years ago is absolutely impossible.
SEEING IT AS IT IS
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service