Time to do our own thing
March 8, 2012
On March 11, we go onto “Summer Time” in the middle of winter. Supposedly it is to conserve electricity which is a load of rubbish. For the past couple of weeks early morning (6am) is now lighter and taking children to school and early morning walks are done in the relative safety of early daylight. Now, with the onset of “Daylight Saving Time”, we will be plunged back into darkness and consume more electricity, ... and for what? Where’s the benefit in March? Just because America does it (not all states) we have to do it? Daylight Saving time was designed for the more northern climes which have less daylight anyway not for regions in the subtropic zones. Why don’t we show a bit of individual spirit and do our own Bermuda thing? Have Daylight Saving as part of our Bermuda Day celebration and “jump forward” the weekend before May 24.
GROPING AROUND IN THE DARK
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service