A disaster waiting to happen
March 15, 2012
I have never professed to be an economist but I do know that it was because of the “no money down” types of loans and other dubious loans from greedy banks which could not be repaid that wrecked the economy in the first place and initiated the widespread recession from which most of us in Bermuda are suffering. I am very much in support of helping people to acquire a roof of their own over their head. But in these very difficult economic times when even those who have something are facing challenges and cash is hard to come by for most people how are those who have nothing to contribute to begin with going to meet their obligations when, at the moment, only the rich are secure? This one hundred percent down sounds like a disaster waiting to happen for anyone who gets involved, as well as for the bank and the economy in general. I am frankly appalled at the proposal, particularly in view of how this recession began, and when all of us, or many of us, are facing economic difficulty in our current climate.
EVA N HODGSON
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service