Facing up to grim realities
April 8, 2013
Transparency as to facts and origins of facts are ever a hallmark of successful enterprises and sound governments! And on Friday it was if we’d ‘at last’ fixed on transparencies when our newly elected keeper of Bermuda’s Purse after delving deep produced dollar-based FACTS culled, so as to financially reveal how our largely ’big hearted’ governments of the past had ruled!
And faced by facts which ‘winae ding’ our Finance Minister has exposed — NAUGHT but a very hard slog ahead! However rather than support his remedies
The Royal Gazette on Saturday has chosen to make use of the ‘Stop the Pretence’ letter whereby Innuendo accentuated by grammatical nuance has been welcomed - if not embellished by your editors, as if to stage a slanted opposition to our Finance Minister when seriously confronted by GRIM realities!
And if true - must we look forward to editorial ‘slants’ in future, where an overt use of INNUENDO and nuance; but repeats on methods purloined from the British Tabloids? If so, such presages a downward spiral for a newspaper wherein PROBITY was hallowed! Yet worse—for whilst sadly bogged down in a financial quagmire our beautiful Island is seeking all the help we can muster; especially from the newspaper ever welcomed at our door -
The Royal Gazette!
Acting Editor’s note: Views expressed in Letters to the Editor are the views of the letter writers themselves and not of
The Royal Gazette. Mr Scott, I can assure you that probity continues to be hallowed at this newspaper!
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service