‘Broken promises’ claim is pure hypocrisy
April 20, 2013
The most hypocritical statement of 2013 is Marc Bean’s claim of broken promises by the OBA. Sir, have you been living in Bermuda at all? I cannot even count any more the broken promises of the PLP. The PLP’s major gripe is the axing of the term limits. To the best that I recall the OBA said they would review this. Well, they did review it and it was useless and axed it.
It was revealed in
The Royal Gazette, the OBA reviewed reports from the PLP’s AG, and consultants hired under the PLP, that had informed the PLP how this term limits policy did not save Bermudian’s jobs, and, actually, was harming them as international business employs many Bermudians, and as many pulled out of Bermuda, or refused to come. Because of this policy, Bermuda jobs were lost.
Also, if this policy worked, then please explain to me how, prior to December 2012, many Bermudians were unemployed? This unemployment has not just manifested under the OBA. And, do not blame it away of the worldwide recession, because economists, and Bob Richards, warned the PLP well ahead of time this was coming. And, while Bermuda could afford it, that the taxes should be raised to reduce the debt, so that when the recession hits the USA, and other major countries, Bermuda can then have more room to aide the people.
Did the PLP listen and plan ahead? No. They called Mr Richards, and others ,scaremonger agents of the then UBP, and that it was nothing more than fear tactics.
Those were not fear tactics. Those were valid, sensible, mature ideas of those who had a clue how to balance a chequebook. May I also remind the PLP after they were elected a second time, the infamous “we had to deceive you” line was uttered by Dr Brown. Talk about broken promises huh? Also around the time of the third election you had Alex Scott booted to the side by Dr Brown which ushered in the worst government in Bermuda’s recent history.
ROBERT DAVIES JR
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service