Return of Old Towne Market creates a buzz
Twenty-four vendors are signed up for an eighth season of the Old Towne Market in St George’s.
The market started last Sunday and will run on Water Street now until July 28 from 2pm to 6pm.
If anyone wants to join as a vendor they need to go to www.oldetownemarket.com, click on the “vendor” tab and submit the online application.
A spokeswoman said they had 24 vendors signed up with another four vendors who expressed interest on Sunday about coming back having seen “the exciting buzz at this season's market”.
There are another 12 vendors who are part of the Art on the Town event which is on the first Sunday of each month and located outside CV Cafe.
“The response to the market has been great,” she said. “We had visitors from Grotto Bay and St George's Club as well as many locals.”
Note that fishermen, farmers, food vendors need to have licences. But artists, crafts people and musicians do not need licences.
And vendors who wish to sell dry imported goods must have a valid pedlar's licences.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service