Now who’s for a round?: Port Royal concession put up for tender
The operators of Port Royal Golf Course in Southampton are putting the restaurant and bar concession up for tender.
Formerly the brand new 64° Bar & Grill, it was closed down last year amid a legal dispute, involving restaurateur Claudio Vigilante.
The Board of Trustees of the Government Golf Courses has advertised the concession to let by tender, noting all completed tenders are due by July 5 at 3pm. The almost turn-key restaurant has outdoor and indoor seating and a large bar area.
The food concession at Port Royal has been operated by the Flying Chef catering group as a temporary operator, a club spokesman said.
It’s hoped the restaurant will operate seven days a week in season.
At the time it closed, a spokesperson for the former restaurant said 64° shareholders had become aware of unpaid renovation bills, and also could not overcome issues with the terms of the lease and the restaurant’s design, which included long terms of operation seven days a week, a large staff, and a golf check-in procedure that didn’t require golfers to come through the main doors where the bar and restaurant was located.