AF Smith opens Apple service centre
AF Smith opens its new Apple Service Centre today.
The office products and technology retailer has been an authorised reseller of Apple products since 2011.
Despite the popularity of iPhone, iPads and Mac computers, the island was left without a physical service presence for Apple products after ACT stopped offering its service last year.
“For some time, Bermuda's Apple customers have had to rely on unauthorised third-party service providers or have had to ship their Apple devices overseas,” Tim Smith, chief executive officer of AF Smith said. “Understandably, customers were frustrated with the expense and risk to their devices.
“We subsequently applied to Apple Corp to be an authorised service provider and were recently granted Apple Authorised Service Provider status.”
AF Smith now employs three Apple certified engineers who can offer advice and support to Apple users.
The Hamilton-based company, which is based at 7 Tumkins Lane, off Woodlands Road, has built its new service facility next to its retail store.
“Our service engineers are fully certified by Apple and we have access to genuine Apple parts,” Mr Smith said. “These two measures give added assurance and peace of mind to Apple users. Also, since the new centre is on island we are able to perform repairs at a faster pace.”
AF Smith will use its new service centre to conduct repairs and replacements for Apple devices still under warranty as well as those outside warranty.
For customers whose devices may require additional diagnosis by Apple, the new service centre will manage, package, and ship Apple devices to the US and manage their repair or replacement and return shipment to Bermuda.
AF Smith was established in 1975 and employs 52 people.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service