Subcontracts awarded for airport work
Six Bermudian companies have been awarded subcontracts in the new airport terminal building including tiling, glassworks, painting and masonry works.
The development is being done by Aecon Group. Frank Ross, Aecon's executive director, infrastructure, said: “As we get closer to the completion of the new passenger terminal building, our goal of hiring as many Bermudian companies as possible remains the same.
“We are pleased to continually award Bermudian companies with subcontracts to work alongside our overseas experts.”
Tiling and terrazzo work for the floors of the new terminal has been awarded to Eminence Contractors Ltd.
Aecon's subcontractor for the curtain wall, N R Windows has awarded sections of the installation to AlumiGlas Commercial Glass, and Aluminium Co Ltd.
Aecon's subcontractor for the structural steel, Benson Steel and Correia Construction, have awarded site painting of structural steel to International Painting Contractors.
Sealink Construction and Rise and Shine Construction, have been awarded sections of the masonry work in the main terminal building.
Mathias Pro Contractors was awarded the painting work in the baggage handling area.
The redevelopment at L.F. Wade International Airport, which was recently recognised with the IJIGlobal Magazine Award for the ‘2017 North America Airport Deal of the Year,' is expected to be completed next year.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service