Scooter Mart rides into town with second location
A popular motorcycle and scooter dealership has opened a new showroom in Hamilton.
Scooter Mart’s second location, on Church Street just west of Queen Street, sells new bikes as well as helmets and accessories.
Owner Nick Thomson opened the first Scooter Mart outlet on Lovers Lane in Paget nearly four years ago.
He said having a showroom in Hamilton adds a convenient in-town location for customers, and provides a marketing boost for the business.
Mr Thomson said: “Now, we can put a new model up in the window and a lot of people will see it as they walk through Hamilton.”
He added: “The visibility is a big thing, and we think it will do well.”
Scooter Mart sells 24 models of motorcycle and scooter brands Piaggio, Vespa, Honda, Yamaha, Aprilia, and KTM.
Mr Thomson said 14 models have been added to the Scooter Mart line-up this year, including eight that were unveiled for the first time on Monday, the day that the new showroom opened.
He added that Scooter Mart has between 250 and 300 bikes in stock at any one time, including 10 second-hand bikes that are available exclusively from the Paget showroom.
He revealed that he has been keen on the new site in Hamilton for about four years.
Mr Thomson said: “When we started, it was my dream to have Scooter Mart in this location. I actually took photos of the inside of the Digicel store, which I still have on my phone.
“I envisioned doing this; I love the location so much, it’s so central.”
Mr Thomson said he and fellow sales managers Mark Faralli and Somers Smith will rotate between the two Scooter Mart locations.
The showroom on Church Street is open Monday to Friday from 9am until 5.30pm, and Saturdays from 9am until 4pm.
The original outlet on Lovers Lane in Paget sells new and used bikes, helmets and accessories, and also services bikes. It is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm, and Saturdays from 9am until 4pm.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service