Corporate teams battle on the beach and raise more than $70,000 for charities
More than $70,000 was given out to charities, as executives and staff from the Island’s top international companies took to the beach at Horseshoe Bay.
Tokio Millennium Re Ltd won first place at the Centre on Philanthropy’s third annual Give Back Games, winning $11,500 for its charity, WindReach.
Eleven corporate teams battled on behalf of one charity each. Contests included a sandcastle competition, sea kayak race and relay race.
Following a prize giving with Community Development Minister Michael Weeks, yesterday’s winnings were shared between the 11 charities.
Ace Tempest Re took second place, taking $9,000 in donations for Greenrock.
Guy Carpenter and Company, LLC tied at third with Validus Re, with each winning $6,000 for charities Youth Net and Age Concern. The remaining charities received $5,500 each.
Useful website: www.centreonphilanthropy.org.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service